We are located at 277 Rusden St on the corner of Rusden St and Niagara St opposite Drummond School.
At West Armidale Medical Centre we offer a comprehensive range of general medical services, including children’s health, women’s health, general check-ups, vaccinations, Pre-employment medicals and minor surgical procedures.
To make an appointment, please contact us and speak to one of our friendly reception staff. We’ll be happy to help you.
We are currently trying to limit the number of patients that present in person to the surgery due to COVID-19. We are offering consultations by either telephone or video consultation. If you do not need to have a physical examination then this service is preferred. Please let the receptionist know at the time of booking. If you have a smart phone then we can use video most of the time.
NSW Health has reinstated a “Green Alert” for health providers from 24/2/2020. This means that masks are no longer required when attending our surgery.
Corona Virus Vaccination
WAMC has been approved to provide COVID vaccinations commencing in late March. This is a voluntary scheme provided free of charge.
We will hopefully commence vaccinating on 24th March depending on supply of the vaccine. It will initially only be in small numbers.
We will be offering vaccination to people in group “1b” as per Dept of Health criteria.
Please use the vaccine eligibility checker to determine which group you are in.
This includes people 70 and over, ATSI people 55 and over, health care workers and people with underlying health conditions.
Underlying conditions include:
- organ transplant recipients who are on immune suppressive therapy
- people who have had a bone marrow transplant in the last 24 months
- people on immune suppressive therapy for graft versus host disease
- people who have haematological cancers, for example, leukaemia, lymphoma or myelodysplastic syndrome, diagnosed within the last 5 years
- people having chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- people with chronic renal (kidney) failure
- people with heart disease such as coronary heart disease or failure
- people with chronic lung disease, excluding mild or moderate asthma
- people who have a non-haematological cancer, diagnosed in the last 12 months
- people who have diabetes
- people with severe obesity, with a Body Mass Index of 40 or over
- people with chronic liver disease
- people with some neurological conditions including stroke and dementia
- people with some chronic inflammatory conditions and treatments
- people with other primary or acquired immunodeficiency, including HIV
- people with poorly controlled blood pressure
Other groups will become eligible later in the year.
We will be taking booking soon. Please be patient when arranging a booking as we have only been allocated a maximum of 100 doses/week.
It will take a long time to vaccinate everyone who wants to be treated.